Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Those goats, what are we gonna do with those goats...

I guess all of the chickens and egg hatching was not enough excitement for me.  So I hopped on craigslist to seek out some goats.  I found 2 cute little mini nubian buckling goats in Summerville (about 2 hours away) and decided to go for it and finally get some goats.  So on May 1st (May Day, May Day!!!), I packed up the boy and we headed to Summerville.  

This is when we arrived back at the farm.  Notice the 2 goats in the very back in the crate.

I named them MooMan and Stevie.  They were awesome but much louder and more up-in-your-shit than I expected.  MooMan is the one with the white ears and Stevie is a little smaller with brown ears.


I like Stevie more because he is calmer and isn't always up in your face.  MooMan is definitely more "show quality" but is a little too aggressive for my tastes.  Here is MooMan bothering Ezra.


Here they both are, checking out Ezra.  They like to nibble on his ears.  He's not too keen on that.  I'm not either.


Here is cute little Stevie.  I just adore him :)

And here's a funny one of MooMan.

It's always a challenge come feeding time for the llamas.  We have various techniques to keep the goats from getting all of the llamas' food.  The latest technique is locking them out of the gate.  We have also tried locking them in the tack room.  Just have to make sure all of the bins are closed...  Here is Stevie in the tack room.

Here they are harassing the llamas at feeding time.

Here's everyone waiting at the gate when we arrive.  Showing us some love.  Some hungry love.


Dolly llama (our young female that was born on the farm on January 24th of this year) enjoys hanging out with the goats.  Here, she shows MooMan some love.


Today, the goats decided they wanted to go for a ride.  Before I could turn around, they were all up in my car.  Lord have mercy on their irritating little souls.


And I'm not sure why it's so enthralling to take goat selfies.  But I assure you, it is.  Here are a few from today.  It was all fun and games until MooMan started eating my hat, shirt, and freshly-washed hair.  Goat saliva is not the freshest smelling stuff.  Ugh :)

It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a goat selfie!
MooMan is pretty sweet :)

MooMan getting a taste of my hat...
Okay, this is getting out of hand.  They are eating my shirt.

That's my sweet Stevie!

1 comment:

  1. That first pic is hilarious. "I packed up the boy and we headed to Summerville." LOL

    ReplyDelete