Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Took Zelda back home and moved the guineas out to the farm

Well, like I said in the previous post, I deeply regretted moving Zelda the cat out to the farm and vowed that if she showed back up, I would bring her home.  I went back out to the farm to put the chickens up yesterday afternoon, and I called for her for at least 30 minutes.  Then I heard her meowing loudly - it was coming from the woods near the "upstairs" coop.  So I got her cat carrier ready and put her in it and brought her home.  It wasn't 15 minutes after she got back home that she was on top of the guinea brooder again.  So I decided to bring the guineas out to the farm sooner rather than later.  They made the trip earlier today.  They seem to be doing okay with the other chickens.  Here's some pics from yesterday and today.

Zelda's coming home!

I gave the chickens some yummy watermelon that we had leftover.  They devoured it.

Look closely and you can see 2 little birds sitting on a branch on the right side of the fire pit.  We have a beautiful family of blue birds out at the farm and I've tried so hard to get a good pic of them.  This is the best I have been able to do so far after multiple attempts.  They are the brightest blue!  I believe there are 3 of them altogether.

Home, sweet home :)

All of the "upstairs" chickens, right after the guineas were introduced.

The guineas - they are so pretty and very interesting, kind of like a cross between a chicken and a turkey.  I can't wait to see how beautiful they are when they grow up.



Here you can see how tiny the guineas are in comparison to the juveniles.  The juveniles are the 7 babies that hatched just a couple of weeks ago.  They sure do grow fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment